Saturday, April 19, 2008

My 100th Post

Well, I never thought I'd have enough to fill 100 posts, but it seems I've managed to do it, one way or another. My trips to the Op Shop have certainly been more frequent since I've become a blogger. Over the last two weeks, this is what a total of $20 has bought:

A pink Italian bedspread still in its wrapper and a previously unused afghan blanket:

A patchwork quilt and a green check travel rug:

A white marble vase and picture frame:

It's been fun collecting all these and other items since last October. Now, however, I'll be having a rest from Op Shops because on the 9th May, my husband and I are house-swapping in Europe for three months. We'll be swapping for a week in each location: Paris, the Costa del Sol, Barcelona, Provence, Umbria, Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm and London. I was originally planning to give my blog a rest while I'm gone, but I've decided to attempt to post from the cities I'll be in. Not too sure how easy this will be, but I'll give it a go. So, from May 9th till August 2nd, my posts may become a little infrequent.But hopefully, I'll be able to offer some insights into the world of house-swapping. Thanks to everyone who's been kind enough to read my blog so far. Some of you have been really regular with your lovely comments. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to say from May 9.

16 comments:

lyonskin said...

Congratulations!!!
You've been an inspiration. Well done with all your bargain buys and your unearthed treasures. And thanks for beautifying the world from old. We all look forward to seeing what you can rustle up from a whole new range of op shops and flea markets.
Thanks for sharing and for going the distance!

Jen said...

ow you got all that for $20!? Things are surely over priced here in NYC! have a lovely trip, it sounds like it will be awesome!

cherie said...

Wow. Things are overpriced up here too! That quilt is just gorgeous. Have a good time you two. Try to keep posting - I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you as winter sets in here....

Suzy said...

Oooh, how fun. I'm so jealous!

Michelle said...

oooooohhh THATS very exciting news !!! How wonderful for you.

Villa Anna said...

Congratulations Beth :)

You constantly inspire me to search for beautiful pre-loved items just like the treasures you find.

Anna :)

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!

This is such a great blog. I'm looking forward to what you can tell us about houseswapping and life in all those different cities!

Christy said...

I think it's a blogoversery. Congratulations! 100 awesome posts. I love your blog!

London Calling said...

Congrats on your 100th! What an exciting way to travel. You must tell us all about it.

My Notting Hill said...

Congrats on the 100th. Have an awesome trip! It sounds wonderful.

sweetpea said...

I just discovered your blog and find it quite charming. Sounds like you live with great style and authenticity. I too live with treasures that have previous lives. Keep blogging and congrats on your 100th post!

Shelley

beth said...

Thank you everyone for your generous comments and for your inspiration as well. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to say from Europe:)

Urban Flea said...

Thank you so much for the kind words Beth! It's truly appreciated! In the meantime, keep on reading and comment comment comment! Keep spreading the Urban Flea gospel!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :-)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That sounds absolutely incredible - all that house swapping! We house swapped our house in Morocco for a place in Paris a few years back and it was fantastic.

beth said...

Hey Maryam,
Hopefully Morocco will be on my itinerary :)

beth said...

Hi Katherine, My pleasure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...