Thursday, September 3, 2009

Street Furniture and More Amy Butler

When we were renovating a city apartment, we decided to adopt a policy of 'rough chic' which fitted in with our meagre budget. While walking around the local streets we managed to find a few items on the footpath which came in very handy after we painted them, such as this side table:

This shelf looked very rough in its natural state, but is quite sturdy and holds a lot:

This cabinet was originally an unattractive shade of bottle green:
With the addition of some home-made cushion covers in Amy Butler fabric, the apartment looks quite bright and modern:

6 comments:

pabennetts said...

The side table you found and painted has such character. I wish I could stumble across such a wonderful find on someone's verge or at the markets here.

Iris said...

Ugh, why did people ever like bottle green? I think I even liked it...

RaNae said...

I've never found such great stuff on the street but at a garage sale love the redo and I'll check out Amy Butler because I love the fabric of hers you used... and your kitchen is great btw- what a great view.

Maya said...

What a neat home you have..., and the view is wonderful!

beth said...

Thanks RaNae and Maya. I like Amy Butler fabric because it doesn't cost the earth and it combines traditional and modern influences.

sara said...

Interesting stuff, check out the wide range of Apartment Furniture from Metroloftfurniture.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...