Sunday, November 1, 2009

Office Chic

I'm very interested in old office furniture, but it's something you never really find in op shops, and the trendy retro stores charge a fortune. I found this in a local second-hand store recently. The slots fit A4 folders perfectly and I can't wait to use this in my office (when it's built of course). I'll feel like I'm working in an old-fashioned post office:

Being a bibliophile and sometime librarian, I've always wanted some filing drawers. I found this little set of two and I love that one of the drawers has an old label on it:

I have no idea what a 'Stud Prefix' is, but it sounds pretty cool so I'm leaving the label attached:

Now to find a reasonably-priced library ladder and apothecary cabinet. Somehow I don't think that will be as easy.

5 comments:

The House That A-M Built said...

Gorgeous blog. You have fabulous taste. I have joined your 'stalkers' list! A-M xx

As We Sail... said...

For some reason I started glancing through your blog, which I've never encountered before, and find it very interesting. Thanks.

beth@miaowthecat.com said...

mmm. I love both of those! What I covet as well is a set of old wooden filing cabinets. One day I'll find them up the back of an op shop somewhere...

Iris said...

Oh wow! These are great, where on earth did you find them?!

beth said...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your lovely comments. I found out what a 'stud prefix' is. It's the name that owners of an animal stud have to use as a prefix for all their animals, whether horses, guinea pigs, whatever. Cool huh?

Beth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...