Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Progress Report

I bet you're wondering why I've been so slow in posting about my fibro shack renovations. It's because nothing obvious has happened in the past three weeks. It's all been behind the scenes stuff like wiring and plumbing. But I'm finally able to say that the floor has been sanded and two coats of white paint applied today. And here are some pics to prove it. Firstly, the blackboard wall in the kitchen looks quite dramatic against the white floor:



And the living room looks like a white cube with only a rope, a chandelier and a TV bracket. What interesting decor items!:


I've never had a white floor before. Hope it's not too hard to keep clean. This time next week the kitchen will be in and the place will be furnished. I'll post a whole heap of photos then, I promise.


9 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Beth, love your newly painted rooms. If the white does become a bit tedious to keep clean, try a dove grey. My granny had grey boards on her verandah with white wicker furniture and it never seemed to show the dirt much and looked great.

Norma Bennett said...

A whole wall for the blackboard - I like it!!

simmone said...

Beth,your blackboard wall looks fab,I would love to try some in my kitchen one day.Have fun arranging the furniture!

Unknown said...

I keep thinking white floors make everything look bright, I actually have white tiles in one part of my house and while my wood floors need redoing in the main part of my house - I can't see them as being practical with 6 kids! I love the chalkboard wall too- keep debating on painting my dining wall, just worried it will make the room too dark as there isn't a lot of light.
Sorry to write and essay!

beachcomber said...

i'd love white floorboards. yours look great and the blackboard wall is a great idea in a kitchen.
x

{oc cottage} said...

oh! i think it's all looking so amazing!!!

m ^..^

vintageandart said...

The chalkboard wall does indeed look dramatic...but fantastic, and l must say l'm a little envious of your white floorboards :-))l just love 'em. Looking forward to your next post Beth.

mikky said...

Good luck with the kitchen installation. Don`t work to hard though! I think the white won`t be too hard to clean and it brightens up the place nicely.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Desire Empire said...

Looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...