Friday, May 23, 2008

Laduree and Le Grand Colbert

A trip to Paris would not be complete without a visit to these two institutions. The first, Laduree, is the peppermint coloured shop containing gelato-coloured macaroons in gorgeous shades of rose, mauve and a host of others:

Apparently they inspired the colour palette for Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette. Aren't they lovely:

I also had a hot chocolate at Le Grand Colbert, the restaurant where Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson meet at the end of 'Something's Gotta Give'. Apparently, people try and book the table they sat at. The restaurant is very beautiful but tres expensive.

4 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

This is so much fun to see your pics/finds from Paris as we will be there in late June. Thanks!

Unknown said...

i love that film!!!! and i love pris, i have to go back there soon!!! i found your blog today and it's lovely!

Fifi Flowers said...

I went to Paris and sadly never had a macaroon... actually I had never tried one until last night provided by La Provence in L.A. Loved it! I need to go back to Paris now and have one from Laudree... they are so pretty!

dee said...

I was in Paris a couple years ago and didn't go to either of these places. I am sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...