Sunday, June 22, 2008

Around Provence and the Cote D'Azur

As I said in the previous post, we used the house in Provence as a base to explore far and wide. One area I really loved was Cap D'Antibes, with the exclusive Hotel Du Cap - Eden Roc. Countless celebrities have stayed there and the hotel was fictionalised by F. Scott Fitgerald in 'Tender is the Night'. Needless to say, we only stopped the car long enough for me to take this photo and didn't even contemplate going inside:

We also went to the Musee Matisse in Nice. Not only was it a beautiful building, but there was some of Matisse's furniture inside, which he'd used as props in his paintings:

We also travelled north-west, passing the beautiful lakes near Verdon:

Here are some people playing petanque in Bonnieux, the village where the Ridley Scott film, 'A Good Year' was filmed. Peter Mayle, the author of that book and 'A Year in Provence', lives just down the road, and Ridley Scott apparently has a house (chateau?) nearby:

We also dipped our feet into the Mediterranean at St Tropez:

2 comments:

Villa Anna said...

Ahhhhhh I'm dying here!! What a wonderful experience you're having. A dream come true I'm sure. A good year and a year in Provence are two of my very favourite flicks and I would LOVE to visit the places they were filmed. Thank you so much for sharing so many stunning images of your trip. I have loved following you everyday on your journey.

Anna :)

beth said...

HI Anna,

Yes, I love the film and book. I´ll have to look at them again when I get home :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...