Saturday, May 7, 2011

Favourite Sydney Restaurant - Via NYC and Paris

Yesterday I visited Felix, a new Sydney restaurant. It's reminiscent of a Parisian bistro, and also felt just like I was in Balthazar in New York. The marbled entryway is similar to the one at Balthazar:


Sorry about the poor quality of this image - you can just see the lovely timber ceiling:


The decor is classic, with white subway tiles, Thonet chairs, white tablecloths:


A mural:


And white chicken wire tiles on the floor:


I had the chicken soup with barley, lemon and peas, which was delicious:

And the best Reuben sandwich this side of a New York deli:

The service was just as impressive as the decor and food, even though the restaurant was really busy. I would thoroughly recommend a visit, especially if you need a Manhattan fix.

1 comment:

Camille said...

I L-O-V-E all that black and white decor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...