Monday, March 31, 2008

Material Pleasures


This is what I spent some of Sunday afternoon doing, while I was meant to be working on my thesis, writing about Barthes and the pleasure of the text. I pulled out my collection of baby overalls, hung them up and photographed them. While I don't have anyone in my life who can fit into them, I love them so much that I just collect them. I love the thickness and colours of the fabrics, and their sturdiness. One day, I'll be a grandma and some little people will look very cute in these.

6 comments:

Jen said...

and not to mention the cuteness!

My Notting Hill said...

so cute!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe love it :)

beth said...

Thanks guys - I forgot to say how cute they are :)

BEST OF THE NEST said...

check out my blog and see the great idea for your overalls- hand me downs reinvented! www.collardgreenqueen.blogspot.com
love your blog!

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

Do you want more? My son is past his overall age.He thinks at 3 overalls are for babies.I would love to pass them on to someone who would love them instead of getting a quarter for them in a yardsale.
I even,if I can find them,have the cutest little pair that look vintage but are actually a pair Gap came out with a couple of years ago but they have little sailboats.The overalls are white with sailboats in blue and red.I adored them on my lil man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...