Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reinterpretation of a Table

When I walked into the second-hand furniture shop a couple of weeks ago, this cane table called out to me to be rescued. As most people who've dropped into my blog are aware, I love reinterpreting furniture, but even I was appalled by the brown paint and the fact that the top had been covered with dirty old linoleum (who does that?)

So, two coats of paint later, here it is and I'm absolutely in love. Decorated with some other recent op shop finds such as a shell and some Johnson and Meakin china, along with some flowers from the garden, it's difficult to recognise that poor, sad old table.

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Looks great, well done!

Gail McCormack said...

You've done a great job with the table, the craze of painting everything mission brown and attaching linoleum to anything with a top has always puzzled me, I don't mind the task of painting over brown stain or paint, as for stripping off smelly old linoleum, all I can say it's not one of my favourite jobs. I often wonder if in years to come people will puzzle over us wanting to paint everything white?

Jen said...

You did an awesome job! It looks great!

Design Scouting said...

I love this! Great job!

Bexy said...

oh it's so pretty.well done you. really nicely decorated as well, love those flowers

beth said...

Thanks everyone. Gail, that does worry me sometimes too :)

Villa Anna said...

Thank god for furniture rescuers like you ;)

It looks great. I bet that table is a happy camper now.

Anna :)

Chris Kauffman said...

I love it , good eye. Great blog.

avalon8theroses said...

Looks great, have alook at my flickr I have posted the the Boat Shed I asked you about
Tracey

Michelle said...

It's so pretty !!! Fantastic job...who would have thought such a sad little table could turn out so lovely - not me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...