Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Paris Top Ten

In a few weeks' time I'll be in Paris, and I have quite a list of places to see. Some of them I haven't been able to get out of my head since my last trip, so will be happily revisiting, such as Laduree for its gelato colours:

And a picnic on the banks of the Seine is a must:


As is a stroll along the Boulevarde St Michel, or Boul' Miche as it is known:


Then there is the Grand Colbert at 2 Rue Vivienne, a little bistro where the hot chocolate was a meal in itself last time:


I'm going to the Marches des Puces or Flea Markets at Porte de Vanves, just for these fabrics alone:


Not to mention a street market for the chicken with fat dripping down onto the potatoes, or then there's the healthier option of fruit and vegetables:


There are places where I've never been before, such as the store Merci:

Image from Tara Bradford Photography website
I can't wait to visit the Musee des Artes Decoratifs in the Rue de Rivoli:
Image from Musee website.
Then there is the Shakespeare and Company bookstore:
Image from store website



Image from Rough Luxe website

Not forgetting the Fauchon store at Place de la Madeleine, where I might pick up some madeleines or macaroons. There is sugar in these packets:

Image from French Blue

6 comments:

Melissa said...

how much can one love the shakespeare bookshop? in my many very special trips to paris i have managed to visit this bookshop with my husband, my best friend...and my eldest daughter on her 11th bday..all on different occassions...this is the perfect place to meet after each day wandering that heavenly city....have a wonderful time...the weather is becoming more beautiful over here each week..
melissa x

iheartsunnydays said...

Oh how lucky you are! Hope you have a wonderful trip. How sweet (!) are those sugar wrappers?!

The Moerks said...

You lucky thing. I hope your trip to Paris is wonderful. I am sure you will take many great photos to share with us.

Amanda said...

Oh you lucky lucky thing Beth!!! Is there room in your suitcase for me? Be sure to take plenty of photos to share with us all :)

Unknown said...

I really enjoy to see this! At this year it will attend at the Maison & Objet the brand Boca do Lobo. They are incredible in fusing old styles with contemporary aspects. Visit www.bocadolobo.com and get in love!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy to see this! At this year it will attend at the Maison & Objet the brand Boca do Lobo. They are incredible in fusing old styles with contemporary aspects. Visit www.bocadolobo.com and get in love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...