Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mad About Mad Men

I've just finished watching Series 3 of Mad Men. While most other viewers were taking in Betty's latest outfit or Don - well, just Don really, I sometimes wished the characters would move out of the way so I could see the rooms better. Here is my all-time favourite piece of furniture - the orange couch at Sterling Cooper. The aquamarine cushions complement it beautifully. The screen behind it is lovely too:

The Draper residence also has an orange couch. That's one of the few things I like about that house. I think the designer has captured the cloying suburban atmosphere experienced by housewives like Betty very well:

I'm not fond of this room except for the built-in bookshelves:

The kitchen is just way too 'Bewitched' or 'Stepford Wives' for me, with its checked wallpaper. But I love the attention to detail of the tablecloth and dishes:

I don't mind the blue padded bedhead, but not the bedcover and nick-nacks:

I much prefer the apartments of the Campbells and the Harris's, but I couldn't find any images to post.
Images courtesy of AMC Mad Men Official Home Page.

8 comments:

Iris said...

I'm with you on the orange couch and turquoise bed-head - gorgeous! I'm also fond of the big artworks at Sterling Cooper, and I loved Midge's loft apartment (she's so cool).

But the plaid wallpaper makes me feel a bit ill.

theoldboathouse said...

Hi, just found you. I so agree Love love Mad men wasted many good working hours watching the last series. i have to rewatch so i can take in all the surroundings, outfits etc, cheers Katherine

Katherine Lee said...

isn't that show divine? every time i watch i get more and more inspired... have a great week!

xo urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Timaina said...

That is so true! If it's not the fashion I'm gawking at it's definitely the interiors!!! It's pure eye-candy for people who love love love all things art + design.

The Princess & The Pea said...

Am definitely mad about Mad Men too! Love the clothes & furniture and how how authentic everything feels.

蕭敬騰Alex said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

agreed and love it... there is something so lady like about that era and yet so masculine. Great blog!! xo

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...