Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mamma Mia - I´m in Stockholm!

Well, here we are on our eighth and final homeswap, in Stockholm. And I couldn´t resist going to see the 'Mamma Mia' film while I´m in the home of Abba. Apart from the fantastic music, who would've thought that the film would provide such eye candy? And, no, I´m afraid I´m not talking about Colin Firth or Pierce Brosnan. Or, although more tempting than either of the latter, the stunning Adriatic. Or is it the Aegean? No, I´m talking about the sheer visual feast of the hippy-esque, beach-ish decor, with its pink, blue and turquoise palette. As much as I love Meryl Streep, I think I love what she´s sitting on here just a little bit more. That apple green with the pink striped material against that celadon wall is yummy:

And the red, pink and white bed-linen against this powder blue wall is just as scrumptious:

When we arrived here yesterday, we were treated to some Swedish hospitality by the owners of the apartment, Gunnar and Sonja, who are really lovely. They had cooked us a lovely chicken and mushroom dish, with home-made lingonberry jam, and cloudberries for dessert. We were very privileged:


Thanks, guys! We´ll always remember Stockholm.The movie stills are courtesy of www.cinemablend.com/gallery/previews/Mamma-Mia-2444.html

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,

Wow, you are on the trip of all trips! I have to say I am a little envious ... you really are seeing the world. Thanks for taking us with you via all of the lovely photos!

annie

beth said...

Thanks Annie for dropping by my blog. In two weeks' time I'll finally be home after an amazing trip. I would certainly recommend house-swapping as a way to see the world without spending a fortune :)

Paul Vogel said...

Hello
My name is Paul Vogel I am a textile designer and I think the bedlinen in the film is mine.
www.paulvogel.com
If you want to buy some get in touch.
all the best
Paul

Marie Söderberg said...

hi, I see you have been visit my hometown Stockholm, I guess you have a great time. Stockholm is lovely..
You also have a wonderful side, I will be back soon. have a nice day/marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...