Friday, June 17, 2011

A Cinderella Story

A few weeks ago I posted images of some items that I'd picked up at the local op shop and sent off to the upholsterer. Well, yesterday they were delivered and I was pleasantly surprised at the tranformation. This $50 chaise and ottoman:


Now look like this:


This poor old $20 armchair:


Has been transformed Cinderella-like into this:


These $2 retro bar stools:


Look very 70s St Tropez in fabric from Ici et La:


I think the red and black look very cosy snuggled together with the cold westerly blowing outside:


Also, the house above the boatshed is slowly being transformed from this:


To this:


Here is the street view:


Which now looks like this:


Quite an improvement don't you think? Now for some more winter projects to keep me occupied over the next few months.

9 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Gosh you've certainly done a great job with those units! I love the black chair and the other seat, very cosy for winter.

Claudia Lane said...

wow Beth, I love all the transformations...great choice of fabrics and colours, you are so talented...!!! And love the house, the colour scheme is stunning!
well done! :)
Have a great w/end
Claudia xo

lyonskin said...

Absolutely sumptuous! I'm loving the new look - inside and out. You really have the eye.

Andrea said...

Wow, they have come up well!! And the house colour too. I'm a sucker for deep rich colours, so eyeing that red ottoman with delight. Seems a bit stronger palette than some of your other boatshed chic??

vintageandart said...

Amazing what can be done with a little fabric and a lot of vision...Your furniture looks awesome.

michelle said...

Love the furniture redos, the black and red do look great together and I love the stools. The exterior is looking amazing so far, you have been busy!
Enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

your house looks great, can you please tell me what colour it is, we are currently looking into greys for our exterior?

simmone said...

What great transformations,I wish things moved fast around here.

Gail said...

It's looking lovely, who lives in the house above your boatshed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...