Monday, January 7, 2008

Makeover Complete




Here is my little footstool, finally covered in Florence Broadhurst. It has changed considerably from the 'Before' shot I posted a few weeks ago. The reason it took so long - it's my first and last attempt at upholstering. In future, I'll save up and pay the experts. Pictured with it are two chairs and a table I found on the street. The chair on the left was fine to renovate - I just painted it, and stuck the cushion back on. The chair on the right, however, was a different story. That was a nightmare to take off the cover, strip off the layers of old fabric and wash the material, which I then put back on. They're all a little rough around the edges - I hope no one ever looks too closely at any of them. At least I get a warm fuzzy feeling that I saved all four pieces from a life of ugliness. Or maybe some would say they're uglier now that they were before. Who knows?

8 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

You did a great job! And I love how you recycle things and make them beautiful again:-) It's very eco-friendly, too.

Bexy said...

they look lovely. i love the look and feel of refurbished furniture ~ it's such a personal thing, investing your own time and as for the finishing. i really would'nt worry. as long as you love them and the fact that you bothered makes them super special!

i'm definatly coming back to your blog in the future...i love your home!

Anna Spiro said...

Love the ottoman Beth - you've done a fantastic job and the fabric selection is perfect!
X
Anna
Absolutely Beautiful Things

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Beth - I posted about your chic recover job on my blog Absolutely Beautiful Things today!
X
Anna

lyonskin said...

We ALL know that the pieces have been rescued - well done. They're beautiful. Enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling, you've earned it!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Beth - the bench is wonderful! Welcome to the neighborhood, I'm so sorry I haven't stopped in before. I'm adding you to my list.

fleur-de-lys said...

Argh, it looks fantastic! Good work, Betty ;-)

cotedetexas said...

I love those doors - fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...