Monday, August 17, 2009

Inexpensive Decorating

Over the past year while I haven't been blogging, I've managed to find some bargains such as this globe from the op shop for around $10:

I found this chair on the street a few months ago looking the worse for wear and sanded and varnished it. I think it's cedar:

A year ago I pegged up the postcards I'd bought at the Vanves flea markets in Paris. Then I started putting up other images which caught my eye:

And, voila, an inspiration wall:

I also made some bunting to provide spots of colour in the boatshed:

It has a fun, summery feel:


3 comments:

Chemin des Muguets said...

You are so lucky! What great finds. I miss the Aussie op shops.

Marjorie (late of Flinders, Vic.) now of Carmel, CA.

Chemin des Muguets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth said...

Hi Marjorie,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love the illustrations on your seaside post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...