Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happiness Is...

A patchwork quilt found at the opshop for $15 (I gave Iris the backing because it was barkcloth, which she loves). I soaked it in Napisan and hung it on the line:

It looks quite romantic in the boatshed, doesn't it?

Corningware for 30 cents (I didn't think you could buy anything for 30 cents any more):

And chokoes for $2 from the man next to the opshop. Just leave the money on the table on the veranda and take a bag of chokoes. They tasted beautiful steamed and sprinkled with salt and pepper last night:

What more could anyone want? Oh yes, a copy of the latest Inside Out magazine, which has some fantastic images, and a free Rob Ryan tea-towel:


6 comments:

Amanda said...

The quilt is perfect for your sweet boatshed. Love Corningware - I have a casserole dish from my husband's Nan that I adore.

Tina said...

Gorgeous quilt top Beth, you always find the best treasures! I love your corningware and chokoes (YUM!).~ Tina x

Pineapple Villa said...

some terrific finds - not so sure about the chokoes though - think my childhood was filled with some kind of chockoe chutney as no one knew what else to make with them! Mel xxx

Melissa said...

that quilt is total heaven....i have quilt & boatshed envy!
Love the photos....

M.O. said...

Wow! Those photos are are very warm. Brings back fond memories with the kettle and as you like to say chokoes. I say mirliton but whatever you say..it's still so good especially smothered down with shrimps, ham chunks and Italian bread crumbs in a good corningware! OMG! It's making me hungry just thinking about it. I like your post.

As We Sail... said...

I grew up with my mom making hot cocoa in that very same corningware (kettle?). She no longer has that one but has a couple other pieces with the cornflower design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...