Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sex and the City - Parisian Style

I had a bit of a Sex and the City day in Paris yesterday. Fristly I went to see lots of lovely frocks at the Yves St Laurent exhibition at the Petit Palais. Over 300 frocks to be precise. It is the first retrospective of the designer's work and is arranged thematically with rooms devoted to such topics as the smoking jacket, evening gowns, and St Laurent's collaboration with Catherine Deneuve on such films as "Belle du Jour":


After a morning filled with beautiful designer gowns, I had a spa at the Paris Mosque. The tea room which serves various teas in beautiful tea glasses, is just how I imagine Morocco to be:

For a very reasonable 58 Euros, I had the Oriental package which includes lunch (I chose a delicious couscous with lamb):

Followed by mint tea and pastry:


Also included is the entry into the hammam, together with an exfoliation by one of the assistants, and a 10 minute massage:


Then it was off to the Marais for dinner with the boys in the gay area of Paris:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...